Code of Conduct - Sitters & Nannies
Working under NannyPod is a commitment that should not be taken lightly. All Charleston SC babysitters, nannies and night nurses must adhere to the NannyPod Code of Conduct 24/7/365. The Code of Conduct is in place to help protect you, protect NannyPod and facilitate good working relationships with all of our families. Please read these rules carefully and stick to them at all times to maintain our, and your reputation.
'The NannyPod Team'
Text Message Notifications
- If you receive a text message from The NannyPod Team directly addressed to you, you must reply.
- When you receive appointment request notifications via text message, you must respond within 1 hour. If you cannot respond to it, text NannyPod immediately on 843 819 3840. Families use NannyPod because it is reliable.
- You must Clock In and Clock Out for each appointment as soon as you can.
- Your Time Clock must be 100% accurate e.g. if you start at 3:05PM and finish at 8:06PM, your Time Clock should reflect this exactly. Edit your Clock In and Clock Out times accordingly if needed. This must be done as soon as possible after each appointment, and certainly no longer than 24 hours after the appointment.
Appointments & Cancellations
- Every appointment that you work must be on the official NannyPod calendar and app before it commences. If it is not, ask the family to request you immediately and confirm it. Or, you can add the appointment yourself using the MindBody Express app.
- Always arrive early by 5-10 minutes. The only way to be on time is to be early.
- Dress neatly and comfortably. Wear your NannyPod t-shirts when you can.
- Review the client and any notes about the appointment before you arrive. This can all be found in the app.
- If you have to cancel an appointment, or a family contacts you to cancel an appointment, you must text NannyPod immediately on 843 819 3840. Cancellations should be limited to extreme illness and family emergencies. They should be a very rare occurrence.
- Your primary role is childcare. You are not expected to complete heavy household chores. However light household tidying up (toys, dishes, swapping over laundry, etc...) is appreciated by every family when they come home.
- Keep your knowledge about families and their household confidential.
- You are responsible for any reimbursements for gas, lunches, food, drink, entrance tickets etc... between you and the family directly.
Setting Availability / Unavailability
- You must set your availability going out at least 2 months and keep it current.
- You must amend your unavailability regularly. If you know you that you are going to be unavailable e.g. going away for the weekend, going to a birthday party tomorrow night, need to write a paper, you must update it asap. Denying appointments should be a very rare occurrence.
- Regular nannies must give NannyPod 30 days notice in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org if planning to leave a family for whom you work on a weekly basis. This also applies if taking a vacation.
Accidents / Incidents of Consequence
- Any accident or incident of consequence should be noted immediately in the notes section of your time clock when clocking in / out for that specific appointment.
Background Check & Drug Test Fees
- If you do not work for NannyPod at least 25 Hours in total, and leave the platform, we reserve the right to charge you for the Background Check and Drug Test fee we fronted when on-boarding you. Hence, we encourage you to stay on the platform as long as possible, and make yourself available for appointments, even if it is only on an occasional basis. Thank you!
- If we do have to charge you the Background Check and Drug Test fees, you will be reimbursed if you return to the NannyPod platform and subsequently work at least 25 hours.
NannyPod strictly enforces the above rules. Sitters and nannies who do not abide by the NannyPod Code of Conduct will face disciplinary action, including possible termination.
NannyPod - Sitters Text Message Flyer
If you have any questions, please contact: