Matched Nannies - Time Off
About Time Off
NannyPod recommends to families to offer your matched Nanny:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Sick Time Off (PSTO)
- Unpaid Time Off (UPTO)
The Easy Way To Offer Time Off
We recommend to families that you allow the Nanny's Time Off to accumulate gradually:
Part-Time Nanny Example
- 4 Hours Time Off after 4 Weeks worked by the Part-Time Nanny
- 4 Hours is 1 Day Off for a Part-Time Nanny
- 20 Hours is 1 Week Off for a Part-Time Nanny
Full-Time Nanny Example
- 8 Hours Time Off after 4 Weeks worked by the Full-Time Nanny
- 8 Hours is 1 Day Off for a Full-Time Nanny
- 40 Hours is 1 Week Off for a Full-Time Nanny
This helps families and the nannies track Time Off easily from the original start date. Families are responsible for tracking PTO, PSTO & UPTO, and when it has been used.
How To Set Paid Time Off / Paid Sick Time Off
- Nanny must request PTO/PSTO via email to the matched family.
- Family must confirm PTO/PSTO via email.
- Family then schedules either 20 Hours (part-time Nanny) or 40 Hours (full time Nanny) for each 1 week of PTO/PSTO, or 4 Hours (part-time Nanny) or 8 Hours (full time Nanny) for each 1 Day of PTO/PSTO.
- Put in the appointment notes section that it is PTO or PSTO.
- The Nanny will still need to Clock In/Out, and put notes in that it was their PTO or PSTO.
- Both the Family & Nanny should make a personal note of the PTO or PSTO used up.
How To Set Unpaid Time Off
- Nanny must request UPTO via email to the matched family.
- Family must confirm UPTO via email.
- Cancel any upcoming appointments at least 12 hours before the appointment commences. This can be done by either the Family or Nanny and is called an 'Early Cancel' whereby the Family is not charged.
- Both the Family & Nanny should make a personal note of the UPTO used up.
*Naturally the Nanny is the one who determines when they would like/need their Time Off, if enough has been accumulated. Obviously each Nanny should be respectful to the family, and give as much notice as possible regarding all types of Time Off.
** We recommend to only offer PTO, PSTO & UPTO to your Matched Nanny, not to Babysitters or Night Nurses. However it truly is at each family's discretion.
Need Coverage During PTO / PSTO / UPTO?
You can easily schedule any of our Nannies / Babysitters / Infant Night Nurses on a one-time basis to cover when your Nanny is on PTO / PSTO / UPTO. Just login online or on the app and make requests.
If you have questions, please contact: